Handling

Hi,
Happy New Year to everyone, I wish new and shiny parts for your PU in 2006 :idea:

I am sure you discussed this topic before but although I try to use the Google translation service, it is hard to understand sometimes. I hope you can help me. Because of the winter and rain, the roads are very sliperry at the moment here(not ice!). The handling of my PU is awful. The back wants to pass the front all the time. There is always understeer. I don’t know your idea but the Bridgestones are also awful. When I brake the ABS is always on duty! I would like to learn how can I make my car handle much more better? Which parts do I need to change or buy? I always use my PU on road and my car is D. cab 4x2, there is 255/70/16 Bridgestone now which I would like to change, what do you recommend? My last question, about this yoyo behaviour of the PU, is there any chance to make the PU more stable?

As I don’t know French again I use Google translation, sorry for the funny translation :oops:

Car je ne sais pas que les Français encore j’emploient la traduction de Google, désolée pour la traduction drôle :oops:

Bonjour, nouvelle année heureuse à chacun, je souhaite de nouvelles et brillantes pièces pour votre unité centrale en 2006. :idea:
je sois sûr que vous avez discuté cette matière avant mais bien que j’essaye d’employer le service de traduction de Google, il est difficile de comprendre parfois. J’espère que vous pouvez m’aider. En raison de l’hiver et de la pluie, les routes sont à l’heure actuelle glace très sliperry de here(not!). La manipulation de mon unité centrale est terrible. Le dos veut passer à l’avant toute l’heure. Il y a toujours understeer. Je ne sais pas votre idée mais le Bridgestones sont également terrible. Quand je freine l’cAbs est toujours en service! Je voudrais apprendre comment puis je faire ma voiture manipuler beaucoup meilleur? Quelles pièces est-ce que je dois changer ou acheter? J’utilise toujours mon unité centrale sur la route et est-ce que ma voiture est-elle la cabine 4x2 de D., là est-elle 255/70/16 Bridgestone maintenant qui je voudrais changerait, quelle vous recommandent? Ma dernière question, au sujet de ce comportement de yoyo de l’unité centrale, y a-t-il une chance de rendre l’unité centrale plus stable? Merci :idea:

Trop fort ce translator.

Notre PU devient une unité centrale.

C’est une blague ?? Ou sont les caméras ??

Sort de là Marcel ( bellivau).

Hi Volkan,

You are right, the french translation by google is a little funny but it can help me to understand .
So concerning the tyres, I suggest you to use Michelin 4x4 “alpin” . I don’t know if you can find it in Turkey ? I think these tires are efficient on snow or when it rain a lot.
You can also find the same tire as “rechappé” (rebuild ? I’m not sure if I use the right word) by “LAURENT” . Laurent is a mark from Michelin. These tires are very cheaper than the original ones.

About the handling of the pu, I suggest you to verify the shock absorber. because the nissan original ones are not very good. It seems that if you change them by some efficients ones as Kony or other marks, the pu will be a new one :slight_smile:

I hope you will understand my french english !

le miens, il doit tourner sous CP/M … :slight_smile:

By PU I mean Pick Up! sorry for the translator !

Volkan

Par PU je veux pick up! désolé pour le traducteur!

PU is universal , no problems for us to understand :slight_smile:

je sais pas pour les autre mais moi je pige rien du tout

Thanks Toby,

I use Michelin Alpin on my Mitsubishi Outlander Turbo and I am very happy with them. Which tire do you advice for the normal road use? I checked Koni 4X4, do you think that I can use those because my Pick up is 4x2?

Thanks for the advice again! :idea:

Claude Gregory > Volkan a un pu 4x2 et veut savoir quel pneus pour la neige/pluie et se demande pourquoi le cul veut passer devant sur son pu et si on peut ameliorer les choses.

Volkan > So you know well the michelin alpin tires. I use them (rebuild Laurent) on my pu d21for a normal use ( I’m not sure that the Alpin for classics 4x4 are the same as alpin for SUV ? ) and for your PU, depending on the power of the engine, you can use the Laurent also.

These tyres were very efficient when I lived in Grenoble (in the Alpes) and now, my PU doesn’t often see the snow , but these tires are also good !

I think the Kony 4x4 shock absorber are also good for a 4x2 PU . But you need to verify that by asking your dealer.

Please, could you give us a picture of you pu ?
If you can’t copy it on the web, you can send it to my mail adress and I will display it in this forum.

je croit que apparrament vous gerer ce post je vous laisse faire car je parle aussi bien l anglais qu une vache espagnole

Toby Thanks Again!

I will buy Alpin next week for sure :idea: Thanks for the advice again. I also want to send the photo of my PU because there are some custom modifications on my PU. There is a DIY aluminium tonneau cover, hand crafted or sewed leather steering wheel, etc. But the weather is awful and the PU is all covered with mud. I hope tomorrow I can wash it and take the photos. About the tires again, what do you think I should use in the summer time? And this yoyo feeling of the PU? Do I have a chance for a smooth ride without this yoyo feeling?

je suis dehors sur ce coup là aussi…

entre le pekinois et l’anglais, mon coeur balance… je reste sur le pekinois ce soir…

My answer is yas about usine this tire during summer. I use it 3 years ago .

About the yoyo, it is difficult to know what is exactly the cause, probably it is du to the ashock absorber, but tou are right, tray again after changing the tires (and the right pressure)
May be you need to verify all parts of the direction ? specialy this one :
it is possible that one defective part can generate a kind of yoyo ?

After changing the tires I will check it again, about that part, I read the info at the website and forum, definetly I will order it from calmini.

You’re wellcome :slight_smile:

Franchement, je ne parle pas un mot d’anglais :oops: , mais je trouve SUPER que l’on réponde à Volkan, pour la question qu’il a posé. :idea:
Certain forum que je fréquente, demande directement de parler en français :frowning: et je trouve cela “PETIT”, c’est peut être pour cela que je ne poste pas aussi souvent sur ces FORUM :smiley:

Je tiens à vous féliciter pour ce geste. :idea: :idea: :idea:

LONGUE VIE A CE FORUM :x

J’ai du mal à situé ce que Volkan veut dire par “yoyo” .
Pour ces pneus , il lui faut ceux comme Pierre -yves.
Sinon , c’est vrai que l’ABS est une vrai M… sur la neige et le verglas.

Thanks Guys for all your helps and support ! I know it is funny translation but at least it helps us to cominicate for our Pick Ups. This forum is great and I will keep on following!

Types merci pour tous vos aides et appui! Je sais que c’est traduction drôle mais au moins il nous aide au cominicate pour le notre à sélectionner se lève. Ce forum est grand et je continuerai à suivre!

:wink: :idea:

Hello Volkan, Happy new year :smiley:
Yes the automatic translation is funny! but there is always someone to understand the english version . So don’t hesitate to ask us questions :wink:

Encore un gris, c’est une maladie ou quoi ? :lol:

it’s still a grey, it’s a illness or why? :lol: (it’s a joke because my PU is blue and grey)